The week commencing Monday 28th August we have the following available.
- Small tomatoes (cherry and baby plum)
- Large tomatoes
- Courgettes (only a small amount)
- Raspberries (weather depending*)
- Beans (Mix of runner and french)
For quantities and prices please see our Seasonal page for more information.
* It will have to be dry for us to pick raspberries because they do not keep if they are wet. If you like to order raspberries for delivery please ensure your order will be over £8 without the raspberries or notify us of an alternative product if raspberries aren’t available.
On the Farm
This week we had to say goodbye to 2 of our beloved cows as they were no longer earning their keep. “Diddums” and “Stumpy’s Mum” as we called them went to auction on Thursday. It’s always upsetting to send animals away, but we have to in order to keep the business viable. “Stumpy’s mum” is the mother of our bull, Stumpy, hence the name!
We do however have quite a few young heifers join our herd, so I’m sure we’ll get more characters that we give funny names!
The wheat might be harvested today if the contractors that come with the combiner have time. Once the grain has been extracted from the plant you’re left with straw. This will need drying and baling. We will use this straw for bedding up pens and also for feeding the cows in winter.
The grain also needs drying in order to keep. For this we get some one to come with an enormous dryer!